Sunday 9 November 2014

My Collection: 2014 Glamour Magazine Nails Inc Polishes

It's that time of the week again, and this week I've swatched the new Nails Inc Glamour shades. There are 4 to collect and the magazine is £2, so £8 for £44 worth of polish is an amazing deal! I did these swatches at around half 7 this morning because I couldn't sleep, so the lighting isn't brilliant but I've tried to capture the true colour of the polishes the best I could. My matte topcoat is running out and starting to go gloopy so the matte pictures aren't as 'matted' as they could be, but it should give you an idea of how they look with a matte topcoat. 


First up is Marylebone Mews, which is a lilac grey polish. This one is my favourite as I'm really into grey colours at the minute. This is the lightest colour and definitely needs 2 coats, but it is so beautiful! I'll be using this lots. The first picture is with a usual topcoat, and the other is the polish mattified. I love it both ways, but I think the mattified version is more on-trend for this time of year so I'm likely to wear it like this more over the next few months. 



Next up is the darkest colour of the collection, Hanover Square. This is a deep red with purple tones. I have a couple of colours that are similar to this so I'm not sure how much I'll use it, but it was definitely worth the £2 I paid for it. Again, the first picture is with a usual topcoat, and the other is the polish 'mattified'. 



The next polish in this collection is a gorgeous purple called Wigmore Street. I don't have any purples in this shade so I'll be using it a lot, especially as it's the perfect autumnal purple. I'm likely to use this with grey polishes for nail art as I think they'd go well together. Again, the first picture is with a usual topcoat, and the other is the polish 'mattified', but I've also taken a picture with the flash on, which shows the more purple tones in this polish. Note that it does look more like the 'normal' pictures than it does on the flash.  (The flash makes my skin look an awful colour and shows up my lack of clean-up, but the colour looks gorgeous in it.)




Finally is Tate, which is another red in the collection. It is lighter than Hanover Square and so can be used more all year round. Again, I have similar colours to this so I'm not sure how much I'll use it, but it is really beautiful and completely worth £2. Again, the first picture is with a usual topcoat, and the other is the polish 'mattified'. 









No comments:

Post a Comment