Sunday 30 November 2014

My Collection: Thermals

I'm back! I took 2 weeks off because I had my mock exams and lots to sort out family-wise. Today I'm here with my thermal collection so far.  I took these pictures a while ago now so my nails are a little bit longer. 

I got my first thermal in a nail mail last year and I've been in love since. I don't have many and I envy those who own thousands, but this is my little collection. I've also done macros to try and show the transition. Remember that thermals lose their 'changing ability' after around a year, so if you buy one make sure to use it lots within that time.


First up is Liquid Sky Lacquer's 'Are You A Good Witch?' and this was my first thermal. It goes from pink (warm) to purple (cold) and lots of shades of both colours depending on the temperature- it's very sensitive. It is also a holo which makes it even better! I will always love this one. 



Next up, Liquid Sky Lacquer's 'Just Lucky'. I also got this one in a nail mail after putting '24 Karat Rose' on my wishlist. This one has a similar effect but is less pink. There are tiny gold glitters in this polish, which goes from red (cold) to nude/clear (warm). It is the most 'dramatic' changing thermal- as in it goes to a completely different colour. I love this one because it goes from a subtle look to a gorgeous bright red as soon as I step outside, especially in the winter.



Luscious Potion's 'Sunshine Orchid' is next. It's a mini bottle that I got free with a destash order- the only one I own not from a nail mail. It goes from a dusky orange (cold) to a dusky yellow (warm), but it's starting to lose it's thermal 'power' and now it barely changes, which is why the macro doesn't show the transition very well. 


Next is F.U.N. Lacquer's 'Purfect For Me', which is also a mini. I got this one in a nail mail too in an Easter swap on Instagram. It is the only thermal I own that doesn't work with a topcoat, but I'm not sure why. It has a satin-like finish and has a slight silver shimmer. It goes from a dark but bright purple (cold) to an icy blue (warm), which reminds me of the film Frozen.



The only Polish By KPT I own is a thermal called 'Permanganate'. It goes from an icy sheer white/clear colour (warm) to a dark purple (cold) and is also very sensitive which makes it all the better because I get an almost instant change when I go outside. 



Last but not least is Liquid Sky Lacquer's 'Wine and Roses'. This goes from a reddy-orange (I've only seen a pure red once when the water was almost burning hot) to a dark chocolatey brown. This is a holo and it's perfect for autumn, which is when I wear it most.





No comments:

Post a Comment